Sunday, March 25, 2007

Today's WI

I just got back from a business conference and I think I made great choices!

First, I made sure to book a local hotel with a fridge and microwave in the room. I was able to pack a SmartOnes (rigatoni w/ chicken and broccoli -- my favorite!) with part of a fruit tray I found on sale, and several bottles of water. This kept me and my roommate from doing a Denny's run at 11 p.m.

Next, the motel also provided "continental breakfast." They were setting up the freebies just as my roommate and I were leaving, so I grabbed a two-pack of banana nut muffins. When we got to the lecture, I checked the label and saw that there were too many calories to eat both (5 WW points for each)! Needless to say, to avoid tempting myself, I threw one muffin out before eating the other one.

For lunch I ate a bagel with half a pack of cream cheese and a 100 cal Chips Ahoy. When I got home I had some of the fruit tray in which I had packed in another container (enjoyed the rest today after WI) and a small 1 pt yogurt.

Finally, on my birthday (3/4) I was in The Avenue and bought a pair of shoes in my size (12W) without trying them on. I decided to bring them to this conference -- not only did my feet float in them, but when I sat down I was able to stick my index finger down the back of the shoe with my foot in it! It dawned on me that the weight loss has finally hit my feet -- I'm not a wide width anymore! (Heck, I may not even be a 12 anymore! And I've worn a 12 since I WAS 12!)

Two weeks ago I gained 0.2 (which I was prepared for), and last week I maintained (after a marathon week of exercise, and I never maintain!). I was thoroughly disgusted -- it poisoned my entire day.

Well, this week I stayed the course and went down 3 lbs. I received my 125-lb star today at WW and my leader gave me a 25-lb magnet to supplement the 100 magnet on my fridge.The receptionist even said I looked thin before I got on the scale.

I say this to anyone who might be struggling out there: don't quit, no matter what! If you have an off day, pull yourself together ASAP!

No comments: