Sunday, June 17, 2007

NSV

One of the items on my shopping list this week was a pair of black sandals. I never found one, and now I know why: It turns out I already had a pair that I had long stopped wearing because my feet got too wide. Even with the strap all the way out to the last hole, they were just too tight. Yesterday I consciously saw them, apparently for the first time in years ... I adjusted the strap all the way in and they fit like new!

Nothing like shopping in your own closet!

Also, this morning a local church came to pick up some of my old clothes for a clothing drive. They got practically everything I wore last summer ... from size 26/28 dresses I was able to wear several years ago to 18/20s I bought just last year. It saddened me to see hundreds of dollars walking out the door, but hey, I'll never need them again, right?

No comments: