Sunday, September 2, 2007

Family Reunion Recap

Well, the reunion that I was dreading was yesterday (Sept. 1). All in all, I think it was a success.
  1. My father -- who hadn't seen me since July of last year -- was absolutely floored with my progress. I had downplayed what I was doing in my phone conversations with him. The compliments flowed freely -- he called me "slim and trim," something that never came out of his mouth to describe me; he told me I had done him proud, and that my mother would be amazed to see me now (she died in 1995). Several other relatives also noticed that I had lost as well, and no one asked that dreaded question!
  2. One of my distant cousins barked at my father for not introducing the two of us. He went on and on about how if he had seen me on the street how he would have tried to talk to me, not knowing we were related.
  3. When I called my aunt to tell her we were coming (it wasn't much of a surprise to my dad after all ) I specifically requested a medium T-shirt. I got there and ended up with a 2X. I floated in it, of course. The arms come down to my elbows, LOL!
  4. Best of all, I remained on program the entire weekend. Yes, I had Wendy's on the way down, and yes, I had a nice plate at the reunion, but I made sure to track everything. I even brought my portable DVD player and had a Turbo Jam workout before getting dressed for the reunion.

A big shout-out to everyone on the OH Non-Ops board for giving me the nudge to make this 1,500-mile round trip!

No comments: